By Chris Stuckey
The news we have all been waiting for is finally here. Are you ready?
On Tuesday, HBO announced that Vince Vaughn and Colin Farrell will star in the second season of their award-winning “don’t call us a mini-series” drama, True Detective.
Here is the official HBO Press Release:
The eight-episode hour-long drama is set to begin production later this fall in California.
Logline: Three police officers and a career criminal must navigate a web of conspiracy in the aftermath of a murder.
The series is created and written by Nic Pizzolatto. Justin Lin will direct the first two episodes.
Cast: Colin Farrell as Ray Velcoro, a compromised detective whose allegiances are torn between his masters in a corrupt police department and the mobster who owns him.
Vince Vaughn as Frank Semyon, a career criminal in danger of losing his empire when his move into legitimate enterprise is upended by the murder of a business partner.
Additional casting will be announced as it is confirmed.
The Colin Farrell selection is spot on and not surprising at all. I can’t say the same for the selection of Vince Vaughn. I hope he can pull a Bradley Cooper and make a Hangover-to-Silver Linings Playbook like transition. I’m no expert so I have no clue whether or not Vaughn is capable of such a feat. It can’t be easy to overcome a typecast so I do admire Vaughn for stepping on a limb especially as a follow up to Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson’s epic performances in the inaugural season.
What do YOU think of the Vince Vaughn-Colin Farrell duo? Are you more or less excited? Are you OK with me asking you questions? Weigh in below.
Follow Stuckey on Twitter: @TheChrisStuckey
- Like what you read? Check out everything that ProjectShanks.com has to offer. We have some of the best sports and pop culture coverage around.
- Are you a fan of the NFL? What about the NBA? College Football? College Hoops? MLB? We cover it all.
- We have the latest news in the world of television as well as reviews of movies new and old.
- Need a laugh? Here’s The Thing is an award-winning sports humor #2MinutePodcast from the comedic genius of Stephen Thomas.
- Whether it’s a Hollywood starlet or that girl next door, Pretty Lady of the Day is a must see every weekday.
- Interested in some ProjectShanks.com apparel? We have t-shirts, tank tops, hoodies, hats, visors and much more. Make sure you send us a picture wearing your gear.